Open for applications NOW for various dates in 2018 & 2019 Coventry (Midlands) and Croydon (London)
Creative Dementia Arts Network (CDAN) is delighted to be working with MHA a charity providing care, accommodation and support services for more than 18,000 older people throughout Britain.
MHA has an outstanding Music Therapy service and want to build on and extend their provision for people with dementia. So CDAN and MHA are now piloting Make and Move, an exciting arts programme which aims to increase opportunities for MHA care home residents to participate in a range of arts, boost creativity in the homes and enhance links with arts and community resources.
In order to optimise residents’ engagement with arts, CDAN are running their FLOURISH arts and dementia training course. Following an in depth 2 day introductory workshop, arts practitioners are equipped with skills and knowledge and apply these to practice during arts sessions led by arts practitioners with expertise of working with people with dementia.
CDAN are now calling for applications from arts practitioners for FLOURISH. So why not apply for our unique course that offers
- 2 days teaching about dementia and arts programming
- A comprehensive FLOURISH training manual with huge resource list
- An opportunity to link theory to practice during 6 weekly 3 hour arts sessions with residents with a dementia living in a care home
- Coaching and support before, after and during the sessions from experienced arts practitioners
- Additional training sessions at the home led by experienced arts practitioners
- Part time, flexible and low cost training
2018: 26 & 27 November
2019: 31 January & 1 February,
28 February & 1 March
10.00 – 15.00
2018: 28 & 29 November
2019: 23 & 24 January,
27 & 28 February
If you live (preferably) in the Midlands or London, please contact Lorna Denby today [email protected] for further details and an application form. Email Maria Pasiecznik Parsons at [email protected] or phone 07801 509993 with any questions.
Can’t commit to FLOURISH but want experience of supporting people with dementia participating in the arts? Why not VOLUNTEER for the Make and Move programme? Contact Maria Pasiecznik Parsons at [email protected] or phone 07801 509993 for details and application forms.