Creative Dementia seeks to build more creative and inclusive communities that offer support for older people with dementia and promote opportunities for participation. Besides supporting artists and other organisations, we welcome volunteers who are seeking a challenge that will extend their personal capabilities in the context of creativity and social justice. We see volunteering as an important way for people who want to offer time to Creative Dementia Arts Network to contribute to our work, develop skills and knowledge and build social capital.
We are looking for people who might be students or new graduates, or more mature people with health or care experience, or none at all but who have an interest in the field. We will match volunteers with request for support. In the last year we have been approached by community groups, care homes and by arts organisations to supply volunteers who might
- Support people with dementia as they participate in guided tours of art galleries and museums
- Help artists, performers, musicians and other creative practitioners by supporting their work with people with dementia in the community and care homes
- Lead creative activity in care homes
- Carry out specific task on a project e.g. take photographs during an event etc.
- Take care of administrative tasks
We can provide support and mentoring for who might want to develop their skills and knowledge of creative arts and dementia:
Please send details to us if you either:
- Seek a volunteer for arts activities
- Wish to volunteer in arts activities with people with dementia